About Juan Jose Garay
There are no upcoming events
Juan José Garay en su carrera artística evoluciona desde la abstracción hacia una obra principalmente apoyada en una técnica mixta sobre lienzo, pluma y tablero de madera, compuesta básicamente de aceite y pegamentos en la que introduce materiales naturales que dan al trabajo una textura compacta y sólida que proporciona dinamismo. Y originalidad a un arte abstracto con recursos en ocasiones figurativas.
Its palette consists mainly of pure colors, clean in its layout within the range of oranges, reds and blue ochres gives a great luminosity the environment that surrounds it. Two aspects of his career are seen on the one hand, an abstract work with geometric themes such as circles and spirals, on supports such as canvases or wood in which he mixes oil, glues and earth; The other side consists basically of collage in which they evolve towards a more figurative art composed of natural elements such as cardboard sheets, flowers that you introduce on the canvas and blend with oil, glue and even acrylic paint,
Together it is a modern and dynamic painting even in its execution, since it uses great variety of pictorial materials like airbrush, acrylic spray, pallets … resources that give relief and chromatic changes in the works, since depending on how it affects the Light on the stand changes color. This chromatic change gives the work something new and original that differentiates it and gives it a vital and dynamic character.
Madrid, 1970. He lives in Madrid.
He received painting classes for three years with the painter Amadeo Roca Gisbert in his studio at Claudio Coello.
– December 1, 2007 to January 12, 2008
Tamara Rojo Cultural Center
Ayuntamiento de Villanueva del Pardillo – Madrid.
– February 1 to February 28, 2007
La Despernada Cultural Center
Town Hall of Villanueva de la Cañada – Madrid.
– December 4, 2006 to December 19, 2006
Miguel de Cervantes Central Library
Ayuntamiento de Pozuelo de Alarcón – Madrid.
– May 5 to May 17
CULTURAL CENTER ANICETO MARINAS.
City Hall of Brunete – Madrid.
SELECTION OF COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS
– April 2008 – Caja Navarra Central Delegation – Madrid – Collective Ataxia in Motion.
– May 2008 – ART IN MOTION – Boadilla del Monte – Collective Ataxia in Motion.
– From 6 to 19 April House of Youth of Las Rozas.
– From 27 to 10 May C.C. Colmenarejo.
– From 18 to 31 C. La Casona Villanueva del Pardillo.
– From 8 to 21 June Young Point – Galapagar.
– From 5 to 18 October Torreforum C.C. Torrelodones.
– From the 26th to the 8th November, the Infante Palace – Boadilla del Monte.
– From 16 to 29 November House of the Youth Collado Villalba.
1998 Imagen Corporativa Juvenil Award, C. M.E. Boadilla del Monte.
2005 Winner Circuit Young painters ZONA NOROESTE by the Department of Youth of the City of Boadilla del Monte.
WORK IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
- Ayuntamiento de Brunete - Madrid.
- Ayuntamiento de Pozuelo - Madrid.
- Ayuntamiento de Villanueva de la Cañada - Madrid.
- La mayor parte de su obra se encuentra en colecciones privadas en España, Alemania y Estados Unidos.