Cityscape painting of Bond Chapel at the University of Chicago, the Main Quadrangle. The chapel is a pale gray, Gothic building with a red roof. The solid stone Gothic architecture evokes the conservative traditions and stable framework of the university. Students walking in front of the chapel are portrayed in bright red, yellow and blue, suggesting the life and vibrancy of the ever-changing student population, illustrated here with their multiple electronic devices, backpacks, and diversity. Bond Chapel at the University of Chicago was designed by Coolidge & Hodgdon (1925–26) and is another excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture in the Main Quadrangle. This painting was displayed at Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago. For international sales: In order to keep shipping rates low, this painting is shipped as a rolled canvas. The rolled canvas is wrapped around wooden stretcher bars that can be used to re-stretch it after arrival.
Oil on canvas