The latest in my "Little Bear" series. This is a cute and whimsical series where the Little Bear functions almost as my alter ego. These paintings can be for the whole family as they are cute on the surface and have more depth and existential drama hiding just below.
Preston M. Smith (PMS) has been commissioned to paint 12 paintings of President Barack Obama for the Inaugural Purple Ball in Washington D.C. (2009) and these paintings now are in the collections of Ed Harris, Ashley Judd, Patricia Arquette, Amy Brenneman, Josh Lucas, Il Divo, and more. He has also shown his work alongside David Lynch at a benefit for the David Lynch Foundation where his live painting was auctioned and sold. Preston's work has been highlighted in Artist Portfolio Magazine for the issue and competition "NY vs. LA" where he was one of only 10 Los Angeles artists to be selected. He auctioned off two of his paintings at the Magic Castle for the Bring Hollywood Home Foundation and recently showcased his work at a prominent group exhibition at the AD Gallery and at the BG Gallery in Bergamot Station. Preston is currently taking part in the 30th annual "Laluzapalooza" at the world famous La Luz De Jesus Gallery in Hollywood and haleARTS in Santa Monica in April.
Articles and Publications:
- "NY vs. LA" - Artist Portfolio Magazine
- Preston M. Smith "Exclusive Interview" - The White List
- "Paintings With the Influence of the American Landscape: Preston M. Smith" - The Wall Breakers
- PMS Artwork highlight "Day 227" Art Blog Daily
- “Get a Hold of ‘Ground Control’ at Subspace” - Culver City Patch
- "Painting the President, Over and Over" - The Idaho Mountain Express
Oil on wood panel