"This painting is an older piece, but a personal favorite. I always love to deal with emotionally disparate themes within a single painting and this painting is a wonderful example of this. It has a calming/meditative aura while at the same time being potentially disturbing. I have heard many different interpretations from different people of what is going on in this painting. What does it mean to you?"
Oil on canvas - Ready to hang - No frame, but painted black on all four sides
Preston M. Smith (PMS Artwork) has been commissioned to paint 12 paintings of President Barack Obama for the Inaugural Purple Ball in Washington D.C. (2009) and these paintings now are in the collections of Ed Harris, Ashley Judd, Patricia Arquette, Amy Brenneman, Josh Lucas, Il Divo, and more. He has also shown his work alongside David Lynch at a benefit for the David Lynch Foundation where his live painting was auctioned and sold. Most recently Preston's work has been highlighted in Artist Portfolio Magazine for the issue and competition "NY vs. LA" where he was one of only 10 Los Angeles artists to be selected.
Articles and Publications:
- "NY vs. LA" - Artist Portfolio Magazine (forthcoming)
- Preston M. Smith "Exclusive Interview" - The White List
- "Paintings With the Influence of the American Landscape: Preston M. Smith" - The Wall Breakers
- PMS Artwork highlight "Day 227" Art Blog Daily
- “Get a Hold of ‘Ground Control’ at Subspace” - Culver City Patch
- "Painting the President, Over and Over" - The Idaho Mountain Express
Oil on canvas
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Ready to Hang