All my life I was fascinated by Byzantine art and icons. The dark and somber appearance gave me an indescribable sentiment of wonder. Later, after I started to study the Byzantine art, I found out that when an art restorers peeled away the layers of paint and varnish applied in later times, he was astonished to discover that the ancient icons were not dark, but bright and clear. This series of paintings are inspired by the contrast between dark and light, somber and bright, old and new.
The painting is created on canvas, with multiple layers of mixed media, natural fibers, paper and sand, with a high gloss finish. You will find scribbling, scratches and various imprinted shapes and textures.
- Title: TREASURE HUNTING III
- Medium: Mixed media, natural fibers, hand made paper
- Support: canvas, black painted sides, wired on the back, ready to hang.
- Colors: orange, reds, yellow, light green, aqua blue, turquoise.
- Size: 16" x 2" x 1.5"
- Multiple layers of paint, textured, mixed media.
- Two coats of protective gloss varnish are applied to protect the painting from UV rays and dust. Back wired.
- Painting is signed and dated by the artist as well as accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
Andrada's works are protected by both The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) which is administered by The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of all international copyright agreements and the Library of Congress of the United States of America. Andrada holds exclusive rights over her artworks. Any attempt to copy or reproduce or to create derivative works from any the works of art displayed online will be legally prosecuted as stated by law.
wood, mixed media, fibers, marble dust paste
- Exclusive to Artfinder
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Ready to Hang