"The NightFaun & The FaunBoy" (2016)
Watercolor, ink and color pencil on watercolor paper
11.7 x 8.3 in.
There are 2 ways to look at this picture.
It's about my desire to have a partner who truly adores me, and how for most of my teenage and adult life, I lived it for that dream of finding and being with the love of my life. Recently as I've been working on myself, things have changed. Despite the deep longing for that one true love, my love for myself has begun to outweigh this longing. The NightFaun faces away from her suitor who's attempting to serenade her, and focuses instead mastering her Creative abilities, bring to life her antlered friend from darkness and fire.
Another way to look at this is from the perspective of integration, where different parts of myself have recently learned to come to agreeable terms with one another, with a common goal of moving me forward in my life. I am night and day, forest and sky, fire and water, sun and moon, light and darkness, yearning for connection and a loner, male and female. But most of all, I am creator.
:: DETAILS ::
- This imaginative illustration is hand-drawn using watercolor, ink and color pencil.
- The illustration will be shipped without the frame. You may choose how you would like it framed on your own.
- All original artworks are hand-signed on the front and back by myself, and comes with a certificate of authenticity that is also hand-signed.
:: SHIPPING INFORMATION ::
- This original illustration will ship out within 24-72 hours of payment.
- Illustration is rolled, wrapped in plastic sheet, and sent in a hard cardboard tube.
:: PLEASE NOTE ::
- Each illustration is described, photographed and depicted as accurately as possible. However, due to variations in individual PC monitor hues, it’s impossible for all pieces to look the same on every computer monitor.
- Should you require more photos of the artwork, get in touch with me and I’ll be happy to send you some.
:: COMMISSIONS ::
- Like what you see but it’s not exactly what you want?
- Chat with me at email@example.com to create something especially just for you or your loved ones.
- View more of my commissioned works at http://www.maryannloo.com/commissions
:: FOLLOW ME FOR LATEST UPDATES ::
Instagram & Twitter: @penguingirl_art
Copyright © 2017 MaryAnn Loo, PenguinGirl Art. All Rights Reserved.
Watercolor, Color Pencil, Ink, Watercolor Paper