Storrs Hall is a four-star hotel on the banks of Windermere in the Lake District, Cumbria, England. The hotel, a Grade II* listed Georgian mansion, is also home to the National Trust-owned folly the "Temple" on the end of a stone jetty on Windermere.
Situated in the Lake District, Storrs Hall sits alongside the Windermere. It stands in seventeen acres of grounds and woodland. From the hotel one can view views of both the lake and the amazing mountains behind. Storrs Hall has winding staircase, and the place has antique furniture and paintings. It has 30 rooms which are all very comfortable and the views on offer are divine.
The mansion was first built in the 1790s by Sir John Legard, a Yorkshire landowner. After 14 years of owning the building, Sir John Legard became increasingly crippled by gout, and eventually sold Storrs Hall in 1804.
The new owner of Storrs Hall was John Bolton, born in Ulverston in 1756, who was a rich man and one of the wealthiest men of his class. He extended the mansion and created a park. John Bolton was a Cumbrian who made a fortune as a Liverpool slave trader. He bought Storrs Hall with some of the proceeds and used the residence to entertain in style, holding regattas on the lake which were attended by Wordsworth and Sir Walter Scott amongst others.