I love scientific illustrations ever since I was a girl and would page through my mothers nursing books.
This heart has been resourced from 19th century scientific illustrations.
This painting has a beautiful glow during the day and especially at night. Its reflective surface adds a touch of warmth to any room in your home.
This painting is:
- a round canvas frame 7.87 x 7.87 x .39 in. / 20 x 20 x 1 cm.
- painted with Zecchi Firene and Windsor & Newton professional grade oil paints
- painted on golden leaf which has been protected in 6 layers of laquer I prepare in my studio
- signed on the front & on the back
Looks beautiful simply unframed on your wall.
HOW THIS PAINTING WAS CREATED:
- I apply a yellow ochre acrylic background and afterwards the gilding glue and faux gold leaf.
- Once dry, I apply at least 6 layers of lacquer I prepare in my studio.
- Once dry I painted this beautiful little heart in oil paints.
- Once the entire painting is dry, I protect it by brushing it over with natural lacquer.
Zecchi Firenze oil paints on finely prepared canvas frame, golden leaf, lacquer