“Home Builders” (2014)
Acrylic, watercolor, ink and watercolor paper on canvas
2 panels, each 20 x 10 in.
How are you building your home? Is it a stable structure on solid ground, or a castle in the sky that easily falls apart when the winds change?
In “Home Builders”, the two panels depict penguins building an igloo on the ground, and penguins building a sandcastle on a cloud. The igloo is made from ice blocks transported on a sled from someplace else, an arduous and mundane task. Two penguins beautify the igloo by arranging the snow on top and by painting the exterior. In modern society today, many of us create a reality much like this – working long hours on meaningless tasks so we can present ourselves as having the life and the happiness we really want. Still, there is something within us is like the penguin who builds the snowman, seeking to explore and create more out of life.
When a dreamer finds the courage to explore and create more, its dream balloon allows it to rise into the land of the clouds. Here, the penguins build a sandcastle by bringing sand from someplace else. No doubt there is still hard work, but a life in the clouds is filled with adventure, and the freedom to be the person we truly want to be. However, a home made of sand is at the mercy of changing winds, and crumbles easily when we question our ability to fulfill our dreams.
So, what kind of home are you building? How do you create a life that bridges the practical and your dream?
:: DETAILS ::
- The penguin characters are hand-drawn on watercolor paper using ink and watercolor, and then glued onto the acrylic painted surface.
- The entire painting surface is then protected with 2 coats of water resistant varnish.
- The painting will arrive wired at the back and ready for hanging. Framing is not necessary for this painting, though you may choose to get it framed as you see fit.
- All original artworks are hand-signed on the front and back by myself, and comes with a certificate of authenticity that is also hand-signed.
:: SHIPPING INFORMATION ::
- Paintings are packaged in a clear plastic wrap, followed by bubble wrap, and then brown packaging paper.
:: PLEASE NOTE ::
- Each painting is described, photographed and depicted as accurately as possible. However, due to variations in individual PC monitor hues, it’s impossible for all pieces to look the same on every computer monitor.
- Should you require more photos of the artwork, get in touch with me and I’ll be happy to send you some.
:: COMMISSIONS ::
- Like what you see but it’s not exactly what you want?
- Chat with me at firstname.lastname@example.org to create something especially just for you or your loved ones.
- View more of my commissioned works at http://www.maryannloo.com/commissions
:: FOLLOW ME FOR LATEST UPDATES ::
Instagram & Twitter: @penguingirl_art
Copyright © 2017 MaryAnn Loo, PenguinGirl Art. All Rights Reserved.
Acrylic, Watercolor, Ink, Watercolor Paper, Canvas