Christ Church in Spitalfields was designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor and built between 1714 and 1729. Situated on Commercial Street it was one of the first and arguably one of the finest of the so-called "Commissioners' Churches" built for the Commission for Building Fifty New Churches, which had been established by an Act of Parliament in 1711. The west front is represented as a complex but powerful architectural symbol. The building starts off as a rectangle on its lower levels and then continues to taper upward, culminating in the magnificent spire. Through the disciplined use of a reduced palette, a subtle bending of perspective and tight but expressive brush work, the painting creates a likeness that is both visually representative and simultaneously allegorical.
All paintings are offered framed using traditional Italian gesso moldings which are handmade and painted.