The pictures don't do justice to this work and it was very hard to take pictures to show the details and the textures. Please see the pictures of the details to have an idea about the composition.
The materials I used for this work are marble dust paste to create the textures and to give it an aged looking patina and old pieces of paper.
The painting was inspired by the image of some fresco in Pompeii.
- Title: A letter from Pliny the Younger
- Medium: mixed media: marble dust paste, natural fibers, varnish.
- Support: canvas, black painted sides, ready to hang.
- Colors: earth tones, Indian yellow, blue.
- Size: 36" x 24" x 1.5" (91 cm x 61 cm x 3.8 cm)
- Multiple layers of paint, textured, mixed media.
- Two coats of protective gloss varnish are applied to protect the painting from UV rays and dust. Back wired.
- Painting is signed and dated by the artist as well as accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
Andrada's works are protected by both The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) which is administered by The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of all international copyright agreements and the Library of Congress of the United States of America. Andrada holds exclusive rights over her artworks. Any attempt to copy or reproduce or to create derivative works from any the works of art displayed online will be legally prosecuted as stated by law.
Keywords: art, painting, abstract, acrylic, canvas, contemporary, modern, colorful, art decor, wall hanging, large, original painting,textured, sculpted, red, golden touch, orange, black, blue.
canvas, mixed media, acrylic, oil, fibers
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Ready to Hang