This is the 2nd Golden Looker painting.
The first was a prototype for custom painting comissions for my other shop. This painting was painted from a 17th century female portrait. Its mysterious gaze will add a beautiful glow to an intimate corner of your home.
HOW THIS PORTRAIT WAS Painted:
- I painted a fragment of a classical face within the perfectly round space on the canvas.
- Once the painting is dried I apply yellow ochre to the area all around.
- Once dry I then apply gilding glue.
- Afterwards I apply faux gold leaf to the area.
- Once dried, the excess golden leaf is removed with a sof brush. I then apply at least 6 layers of laquer that I've prepared in my studio. This serves as a sealer and protects the surface from scratching. It also gives the canvas a nice thick stratus of luminosity.
Please contact me with your questions, I always reply promptly.
After purchasing, I will creat a 1-2 minute video for you explaining a little bit more about this unique painting.
Zecchi Firenze oil paints on finely prepared canvas frame
- Exclusive to Artfinder
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Ready to Hang