The abandoned main auditorium inside Buzludzha. The architecture was still beautiful despite being abandoned for many years.
This monument located on Mount Buzludzha is the biggest ideological building in Bulgaria. It was built as a tribute to the creation of the Bulgarian socialist movement in 1891.
The construction of Buzludzha was made possible thanks to government funds and supporters’ donations for an amount of around 14 186 000 leva (around 7 000 000 €). The site was built by civil engineering troops from the Bulgarian army and volunteers. The master builder was General Delcho Delchev who was in charge of the Stara Zagora civil engineering section. The author of this project was the architect Guéorguy Stoilov. Several famous painters and sculptors have participated to the decoration.
Ever since the superseding of Bulgarian president Todor Givkovand and the political changes that occurred in Bulgaria from 1989, the state of the monument has continued to decay. portraits of Ludmila and Todor Givkov have been destroyed. The copper adornments have been stolen. The building is slowly disintegrating; the monument is abandoned and no public institution seems to be concerned by the conservation of renovation of the building. The Bulgarian socialist party itself is not taking any action towards the maintenance of its most important symbol. The big star has been perforated by gunshots because it was thought to be made out of ruby!
CRYSTAL ARCHIVE DIGITAL PAPER TYPE DP II - matt finish