PS WAVERLEY - the very last passenger carrying sea-going Paddle Steamer in the world. Depicted here steaming down river, passing the historic Henry Bell's Monument at Dunglass Castle. WAVERLEY was built in 1946 at A. & J. Inglis of Glasgow and would have been spotted many times on the Clyde since. Her original route was between Craigendoran in the Firth of Clyde up to Arrochar in Loch Long, up until 1973. She's an amazing sight nowadays, still going strong during the Summer seasons around the UK. This is painted in acrylic on stretched canvas.