The Ponte delle Guglie is one of two bridges in Venice, Italy, to span the Cannaregio Canal. It lies near the western end of the canal, by the Venezia Santa Lucia railway station.
An earlier wooden bridge was built in 1285. It was replaced by the current stone and brick bridge in 1580. It was restored in 1641 and 1677, and was totally rebuilt in 1823 at which time spires were added.
It is the only bridge in Venice adorned with spires from whence it takes its name (“Bridge of Spires”).
Technique: pencil + watercolor
Painted on 300 gr. Fabriano artistic paper.
paper, pencil, watercolors