My artwork all begins with my digital camera. Photography is not my principle aim but it is my primary tool. My natural inclination has always been to abstract the visual world and has, through practice, been honed to a hyper-vigilance to light and shadow, form and color and the framed and flattened view of everything that passes before my eyes.
Images from the camera are left unaltered or manipulated in order to discover the treasure hiding within the pixels. I liken this process of discovery to that of a sculptor who seeks to remove the excess stone from around the figure that was always inside the block of marble.
This image, as with all the works in the Hidden Vistas Collection, explores the archetypical shapes, colors and compositions that signal our imaginations to create landscape out of what we are looking at.
Heading Home is a photograph of oxidization and rust patterns formed from water dripping down a large cast iron wall. Our eyes and imagination are tricked into seeing a Western vision of water, hills and sky. Find your way down to the shoreline and your almost home.
Heading Home makes a great companion to form a diptych with my other work entitled Watering Hole.
• This is a Limited Edition print on archival quality, textured matte paper, signed and numbered by the artist.
• It printed without a border but can be printed with a 1/2 inch white border if that is your preference.
• It is carefully wrapped and secured into a sturdy tube for shipping.
• My images can also be printed in a variety of sizes or on stretched or rolled canvas. Please contact me for these or other options.
• International shipping is difficult to estimate. If you are inadvertently overcharged, the overage can be refunded.
• Because all monitors display differently, colors may vary slightly from what you see on your screen.
• Images may not be used and/or reproduced in any way without the artist's written consent.
• I always love to hear from you. Follow me to stay current with my work and please click the Contact Link if you have any questions or comments.
Digital Photography, Giclée Print on 310gsm archival quality, acid free paper