Custom Woman Portrait, Original Oil Painting, Oil on Canvas, Woman painting, Portrait Painting Oil, Family Portrait, 105 x 105 cm/ 41.3 x 41.3 in
This listing is for a portrait featuring one person only (half body) with a simple background.
Oil on stretched canvas
Painting will be signed and dated by the artist , Valeri Tsvetkov
If you feel you might like to commission a portrait, or would like to find out more information about prices, sizes etc then please feel free contact me.
I aim to complete all portraits in about 2-4 weeks.
The actual time it takes will depend upon how many orders I have at the time, and on the size and complexity of the painting.
If your portrait is an urgent order please let me know as sometimes it may be possible to prioritize your order.
It may be not possible during busy holiday season as this is the time when I have many commissions. Nevertheless it is always worth to contact me as I may still be able to do it for you
If you have a particular date in mind it is best to enquire as much in advance as possible.
CHOOSING PHOTOGRAPH FOR THE PORTRAIT
All my portraits are painted from photographs. If you are thinking of having a portrait done why not to email me your favorite images. I will be happy to have a look at them for you and will get back to you with detailed feedback.
There are couple important things to look out for while choosing the right photo.
Here are some tips that will help you select some good photographs:
* good lighting and contrast.
*outdoor photographs generally work the best due to their hi-contrast and sharp focus but shouldn't be taken in a direct light. Direct light creates very strong light/shadow line which may not look very well on the portrait.
*soft shadow is good as it is the shadow and light that gives the painting its dimension.
*I cannot work from tiny images or photographs that are blurry, with no shadow, no detail, no "studio portraits". Please, avoid images taken with a mobile phone.
* high resolution images are preferred as I can depict from them more and paint your portrait in more detail.
* in some cases it is still possible to use low resolution photos but I would need to see it first to be able to decide.
* don't worry about the background or what else in the shot, I am able to remove it and paint with plain background
* the best images are when the child is in a most natural pose, with light or no smile.
* more than one photograph of the subject is perfect, as I can then get an over all image.
oil, canvas, varnish