About Jovana Yoka Terzic
There are no upcoming events
was born and grew up in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Classically trained in traditional artistic media, I graduated from
Belgrade College of Design in 2001. and obtained an MFA in painting from
the University of Art in Belgrade in 2006. While living in Africa in
1999. I attended Evelyn College of Design in picturesque Nairobi,
Kenya. Experiencing Africa set my artistic vision on a new path.
Since 2011 I've been living in New South Wales, where I paint, exhibit, teach workshops, curate exhibitions and publish zines.
I mainly work with ink, watercolour and acrylic, as well as various mixed media and digital art. Recently I began exploring clay and ceramics. My work revolves around universal themes of rebirth, transformation, interconnectedness, personal quest and ancestral heritage.
Before moving to Australia, my work has been displayed in galleries across Europe and has won awards at international competitions for illustration and graphic printing.
Selected solo exhibitions:
• 2017 "Three Magick Stooges", Balmain Watch House, Balmain, NSW
• 2016 Mural commisions for "Leichhardt Open Studio Trail", NSW
• 2015 Art installation for "Black Wire Records", Sydney Fringe Festival, NSW
• 2014 “Year of the Horse, as told by Animal Bro”, Leichhardt Town Hall, NSW
• 2013 "Vision Quest", Orchard Gallery, SSUC, Redfern NSW
• 2007 Drawings, District Gallery, Museum of Applied Arts, Belgrade, Serbia
• 2007 Paintings , Culture Center ‘Studentski Grad’,
Selected group exhibitions:
• 2016 "The Small Picture", Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2015 "Community Art", Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2013 "Fringe Arts at the Forum", Sydney Fringe Festival, Italian Forum, NSW
• 2012 "Monster Art Show", Ambush Gallery, Waterloo, NSW
• 2012 "Monster Art Show", Rex Livingston Gallery, Surry Hills, NSW
• 1995-2010 Over 20 exhibitions spanning Serbia, Poland, Montenegro and Kenya
• 2016 "Mud Paper Glue", Group Exhibition, Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2015 “A Year in the Manse” Alex Grilanc at Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2014 “Axolotl & Other Creatures” group exhibition Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2013 “Gaylene Smith Solo” at Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2013 “Presstagram” group exhibition at Orchard Gallery, Redfern, NSW
• South Sydney Uniting Church artist-in-residence for 2012/2013
• Short-listed artwork at Second European Ex-libris Triennial 2008
• Awarded Serbian Government Scholarship for Young Talents 2005/2006